AGENCY: IDN Bahrain
CLIENT NAME: Ministry of Interior
Trime Media was commissioned by the Ministry of Interior to create communication that informed residents of Bahrain of fundamental changes in the new traffic law which would lead to better driving behaviors on Bahrain’s roads.
To manage information carefully to ensure understanding that the new traffic law was introduced to improve safety and not to increase revenue through fines.
To communicate with disparate sections of society, some of which had opposing views to Ministry of Interior initiatives.
To build better relations between all sections of society and the Ministry of Interior, ensuring the public were aware that statistics were the primary driver behind the issue.
Secondary: Non-driving adults and schoolchildren
Since the early 1990s road injury had become the leading cause of premature death in Bahrain. Something had to change. People had to think again. Thus, making people aware was the primary marketing strategy that was delivered through a creative strategy whose name epitomized what people had to do, namely ReThink. This was delivered through a 3-stage approach starting with a reminder of previous mistakes with stage 1 driving the creative concept of ‘Don’t become a statistic’ and flowing through to stage 2 by discouraging bad behaviour with stage 3 magnifying behavioral consequences and amplifying individual responsibility.
A multi-platform approach was adopted. Given drivers were the primary TM, outdoor media delivered the main push, supported by clever adaptations on TV, on radio, in press, online, through multiple events, social media to create important conversations and even ambient media too.
The strategy was executed nationwide to inform multiple audiences at multiple touch-points – from malls to schools, highways to events and directly into the homes of Bahrain’s residents. The campaign used clever mediums and powerful messages to create conversations, help educate and change driving behaviors for the better.
1. The campaign proved to be a huge talking point and great success. It got thousands of column inches in the press and became the talking point of a nation
2. Trime Media helped coordinate over 100 meetings in various Bahrain companies and schools
3. More than 20 companies ran ReThink-related CSR activities
4. Social media exploded with posts and hashtags, even parodying Youtube videos were created by members of the public
5. The ReThink stand across over 10 events brought thousands of visitors forward to find out more
6. A key result was that Ministry of Interior police officers were seen differently and received a more positive perception