CLIENT NAME: ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd
Campaign started: April 2020
Campaign ended: July 2020
Created at: August 24, 2020
Environment: Covid 19, put a pause in our lives. It left us isolated, given the norms of social distancing. All, of us, including our customers, did not know what was ahead of them. We were caught in a whirlwind of news updates that changed as new discoveries took place. In an uncertain world, we wanted to offer a beacon of light and trust. There was no clear direction given by the client. Work from home, was not easy in the Indian context. No maids allowed, no cooks. Children and old parents stuck at home and often both parents having to work.
Discovery: Our insights emerged from the norms of lockdown and work from pressures. Rather than highlight the dos and don’t of social distancing, we elected to focus on the ‘life pressures’ that were building up and not being addressed by most brands. Simple things like how do people work from home when they do not have a designated work area, and require to sit for long hours at the dining table.
o How to manage young children?
o How to manage with old parents at home who miss their regular help who would otherwise visit them daily for taking them for their daily walks, or getting their home massage done etc?
o We worked on a framework as shown below, for just the ‘Work from home’ campaign ( please refer to pdf)
• Prior to engaging with Direxions, ICICI Lombard’s average open rate was 0.6%
• Post our engagement and with customer empathy as the core pillar of engagement, the open rates shot up by 600% to 4.5%!
• Work from Home was not a campaign that had any semblance with an insurance brand, it was not selling insurance
• We looked at the customer’s challenges and designed a series of WFH nudges
• The top 3 nudges that resonated with our customers were:
• ‘Ergonomic’ desk and chair for sitting for long hours : 4.5% open rate
• How to keep young children occupied at home: 3.85% open rate
• Managing your mental health is important: 3.65% open rate
• Our learning has been that it is essential to mirror the customer’s challenges and present a working solution. Empathise and encourage!