AGENCY: IDN Bahrain
CLIENT NAME: Legislation & Legal Opinion Commission
Trime Media was commissioned by the Legislation & Legal Opinion Commission to create communication that convinced the Bahraini people as to the merits of voting and educate them on voting procedures.
To overcome a strongly negative impression of governmental process by a significant section of the population.
To convince everyone that voting really is worthwhile.
To convince all Bahrainis that voting was worth it and their vote could make a difference was a giant task in difficult times, from a marketing strategy of creating awareness and delivered through the creative strategy of “ بصوتك تقدر” which means with your vote you can. This friendly and colloquial approach meant we were not talking to the people but with them and it’s this approachability that became the strategy’s strength.
The campaign used an integrated approach in order to make our audience aware at various touch points. It utilized the most powerful forms of media in the kingdom, namely outdoor, print and digital through social media.
The nationwide campaign utilized the creative strategic slogan to demonstrate to the audience what is possible through voting and how your vote really does mean something and can help make changes to society and make Bahrain a place in which you feel proud to belong.
1. The campaign managed to get the public on its side in spite of a challenging political environment.
2. The total vote was 183,949 up from 114,570 in 2010.
3. The registration was a staggering 349,713 up from 171,000 in 2010.
4. The VAP turnout was 18.45% up from 13.48% in 2010.
5. Within 24 hours of campaign launch 1.799million impressions were recorded on Twitter.
6. Within a further 24 hours this figure had quadrupled and eventually reached 8.051million.