CLIENT NAME: IKEA Business, Finland
Campaign started: January 2018
Campaign ended: March 2018
Created at: September 9, 2018
In Finland IKEA BUSINESS offers furniture solutions industry-independently to about 250.000 small and medium size businesses. Their target groups are offices, restaurants, accommodation services, physical storefronts, construction businesses and renovators.
They have also additional services like interior designing, financing, delivery services, leasing contracts and business financing. We have launched B2B-events in different IKEA stores and started collecting new subscribers into loyalty programs.
Our first step was to invite business decision-makers who work at small and medium size construction businesses (main goal was to introduce IKEA kitchens to them) and offices (main goal was to introduce office furniture’s to them) to the IKEA BUSINESS corporate event.
We didn’t have any e-mail addresses of the business decision-makers in question, so we ended up sending a self-mailer to them. (13.000 Small and medium size construction business decision-makers and 20.000 Construction office decision-makers.)
Our goal was to get decision-makers to visit IKEA BUSINESS-website and:
- get them to Sign-up to IKEA BUSINESS corporate event (there was a highlighted post on the first page, which linked people to the sign-up form)
- get them to familiarize themselves with the ikea.fi/businesswebsite
- get them to subscribe to the IKEA BUSINESS newsletter
Even though there is “a long journey” from the self-mailer to the campaign website, we succeeded well in our goals. All corporate events were fully booked in a short time and we got a lot of new website visitors into IKEA BUSINESS websites. Based on this multichannel campaign experience, we fully believe that there is a good chance to lead people from printed self-mailers to the website.
- new website visitors during campaign, index 200!
- corporate events were fully booked (And the need is to organize events more often in the future!)
- we received newsletter subscribers for 30% of the recipients
- the corporate sales got a new sales record in the kitchen category during a campaign time
Self-mailer, e-mail, web
Campaign element description:
- Corporate event sign-up form